14 December 2004

Crockpot Lasagne

I had a few requests for this lasange on the WTM boards, so I thought I'd post it here so I can keep track of it. It is delicious and simple. At my house, it feeds six hungry adults and two hungry children. The recipe says it feeds 10.

Meat sauce:
1 pound ground beed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cloves garlic, minced
29 oz tomato sauce
6 oz tomato paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp pepper

Cheese mixture:
16 oz mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 c cottage cheese (12 oz container)
1/2 c Parmesan

4 oz lasagne noodles

Cook the onion and garlic with the beef till browned. Add the rest of the meat sauce ingredients and simmer 2-3 minutes. Combine cheeses separately. Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crockpot, then 1/3 of the noodles, breaking to fit. Top with 1/3 of the cheese, then repeat the layers twice and top with remaining meat sauce. Cook on low 4-5 hours.

3 comments:

  1. You don't happen to have a good recipe for Crock-pot Wassail, do you? Sans rum, of course... :-)

    MRKH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do make wassail in the crockpot, but I don't have a real recipe. We just buy the Aspen Mullings Spices (I think that's what it's called). I dump in the whole carton with 1 gallon of fresh apple juice in the crockpot. Then I leave it on low all day and people can ladle it up as they please. I think the BYU bookstore carries the spice mix.

    I'll get a link posted to your blog when I figure out how to do links in the sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipes from: "Fix it and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining", Good, P.P, and Ranck,D.J.

    WASSAIL
    1 gallon cider
    6oz oj concentrate
    6oz lemonade concentrate
    1/2-1 C brown sugar
    ~Mix above ingredients and add a cheesecloth bag of the following:
    1 tsp whole nutmeg
    1T. whole closves
    1T allspice
    ~Cook on low for 2-8 hours; when done, float:
    orange slices
    cinnamon sticks

    WASSAIL HOT CIDER
    3 tea bags (your choice)steeped in 1 qt boiling water for 5 minutes
    ~Add:
    2 qts cider
    1 qt cranberry juice
    1/2 C sugar
    12 whole cloves
    3 cinnamon sticks
    ~Mix, cook on low 4 hours; float:
    orange slices

    ReplyDelete