04 February 2007

A House for Mr. Biswas

Still plugging away on Reading Across Borders. Plugging away isn't the right phrase though; I'm very much enjoying it. And I liked A House for Mr. Biswastoo (not loved it, but you can't love them all). I particularly liked the glimpse into the Indian community of Trinidad; you felt like you really knew Mr. Biswas and all his various friends-and-relations- even though I never managed to really like Mr. Biswas.

It wasn't a quick read, and it took me longer to read than its nearly 600 pages should have taken. I got a bit bogged down in the middle and considered not finishing, but I did and was glad because it picked back up. This isn't necessarily a book you have to read, but if you're looking for something different, but still a little familiar, this is a good choice.

I'd write more, but I have to make dinner. I'll do another review this evening, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment