11 January 2009

The Spice Merchant's Daughter

The Spice Merchant's Daughter: Recipes and Simple Spice Blends for the American KitchenThis one turned out to be mostly recipes. I'd been hoping for more memories, or more travel, or more besides recipes, but it is different because it focuses on spices and flavoring. There's a section to help the beginner with buying new spices, especially at ethnic stores, and then recipes for spices mixes and flavor pastes and then plenty of ideas of things to do with them. I've got a friend who would love this book.

This one also counts for Melissa's challenge, and so will the next one I'm reading now.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... I think I thought this one was a novel. Good to know. (I'm amazed with the number of books you're reading these days. Still snowbound up there?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just sick. I'm not doing anything except reading.

    There must be some misleading advertizing going on if we both thought this was more than a cookbook.

    ReplyDelete