30 March 2010

The Mango Season

The Mango SeasonI thought this book was okay (it just barely fell into the get-it-finished category instead of the abandoned pile, and if it had been any longer, it wouldn't have). The premise was interesting- an Indian woman who has been living in the US for seven years returns for a visit with the news that she's engaged to an American. There was a lot of potential, but the characters were either completely predictable or annoying, and I didn't really care about anyone in the book (except the fiance).

I liked Malladi's Serving Crazy with Curry better, but I probably won't bother with any more of her books unless one gets a good recommendation.

1 comment:

  1. Erica - I have to recommend "A Breath of Fresh Air" - it's Malladi's book that got me reading all her other stuff. I think it's her best, really.

    ReplyDelete