26 May 2012

Recipe a Day: Stir-Fried Jusay (Garlic Chives or Jiu Cai)

I can't think too many people out there would care about this recipe, but I love it.  So easy, so healthy, and so good.  And so cheap here.  I can make more than my family can eat (they love it too) for less than 50 cents.

I always eat this with rice vinegar.  

Here's what you'll need:

  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 4-6 cloves garlic, minced or sliced
  • 2-3 bunches of jusay (jiu cai), trimmed and chopped
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne, or to taste
  • 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
  • 2-3 teaspoons sesame oil, or to taste

Heat the oil and add the garlic

When the garlic is fragrant, add the chopped jusay

Stir-fry till the jusay is just wilting, then add the salt, cayenne, and sesame oil.  Cook for a few more seconds.

And serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment